We are delighted to announce the arrival (at Last!) of a good supply of the much sort-after pink garlic from Tarn, in tresses of about 10 heads.
A gourmet favourite!
Ail rose de Lautrec is loved for its delicately sweet, subtle taste. Compared to white garlic, pink garlic is much milder and therefore less likely to overpower a dish. If stored in a dry, well- ventilated area with a temperature between 12°C – 15 °C, the garlic will remain firm and fragrant for at least six months and up to a year. You can use pink garlic like you would any other garlic but it is especially suitable for dishes which allow its unique flavor to shine through. A perfect example would be this quick and easy pink garlic cream soup.
Pink Garlic Cream Soup
Serves 4- 6
- 1.5 L vegetable bouillon
- 175 g crème fraîche
- 10 pink garlic cloves, finely sliced
- finely chopped parsley, to serve
- Bring the bouillon to the boil and add the finely sliced pink garlic. Turn down the heat to a simmer and allow the soup to cook gently for five minutes.
- Add the crème fraîche, whisking it in thoroughly.
- Allow the soup to simmer for another minute or two, whisk again and serve immediately with the chopped parsley.